Last week my son made a gingerbread man as his first sewing project and it was so much fun to be a part of it with him. He’s been wanting to learn how to sew after seeing me sew, and I’m so proud that he accomplished the very basics! Now we need to figure out what his next simple sewing project will be so he can learn even more. So here I’ve gathered some great simple sewing projects for Christmas!
- Our hand-sewn gingerbread man includes a free pattern and was a great first sewing project for my son!
- I just can’t get over how cute this Penguin Softie is. My toddler loves penguins so Big Bro and I just might have to make one for him this winter.
- Speaking of adorable, check out this Felt Reindeer Ornament. I just love how it’s small and would be a great, quick project for kids like my son who aren’t interested in sitting for a project for too long.
- I really like how this Christmas Tree Softie is decorated with yarn and it would a great toy for small world play.
- This Mini Snowman Softie makes me smile. It’s just so cute!
- Use a Cookie Cutter to make these Gingerbread Softies. Include a house and you’ll have a whole play set!
- Use the pattern provided in this Robin Softie tutorial to make a little robin family.
- I just love this simple Felt Reindeer Ornament. It looks really great on the tree.
- I don’t think I’ve ever seen a gnome as cute as this Scandinavian Christmas Gnome. Just take a look at that awesome beard!
- My boys would have a lot of fun decorating and sewing these Felt Christmas Baubles. I’m encouraged that if Shannon can do this with a class of almost 30 students, I can handle it with my two!
- You could also Sew a Christmas Cat as a cut ornament for the tree.
- This Felt Snowman Softie makes a perfect huggable friend.
- A Felt Candy Cone like this is a great place to put Christmas candy and small gifts.
- I just love this Happy Pear Ornament. I might need a whole lot of them to turn my Christmas Tree into a pear tree. Who wouldn’t want a bunch of happy pears?!
- You could also transfer a design or photo to fabric for DIY Christmas Ornaments. What a great idea!
- I just need to make this Little Elf free pattern and tutorial.
- Take a look at this beautiful Christmas Pudding Bauble.
- And these Hanukkah Softies to go with a DIY board game!
Don’t forget to pin this to refer back to these Christmas Sewing Projects next year too: