Today we are sharing a adorable alphabet cut and paste activity for the letter S! This S is for Squirel is a great activity for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners as they learn the letter S and it’s sound.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.
My boys colored the squirrel pieces on the template, and then I helped cut them out. For more letter recognition and formation practice, they colored or traced the Uppercase and Lowercase letter S.
S is for Squirrel Cut and Paste Craft:
- S is for Squirrel Printable
Getting the S is for Squirrel Craft Ready:
Before getting started, download and print the S is for Squirrel printable linked above.
The squirrel picture on the first page is an example of what the finished squirrel will look like!
How to do the S is For Squirrel Craft:
First, color the squirrel template, including the tail, head, arms, legs, body, and acorn.
We used a few different browns so that the acorn could be a different color than the squirrel. We skipped coloring the eyes and teeth to leave them white.
Next, color the Uppercase S, Lowercase S, and the squirrel on the top.
Now it’s time to glue the squirrel template pieces together! You may use the squirrel picture next to the letter “Ss” on the top as a guide.
Start with the “S” shaped tail and glue it to the center of the square.
Continue gluing on the squirrel pieces in this order:
- Tail (done in the step above)
- Body – glue over the bottom center of the tail.
- Head – glue the head on top of the body shape.
- Feet – add on top of the bottom of the body.
- Acorn – glue in the center of the body shape, under the head.
- Arms – glue on each side of the body, overlapping with the acorn just a bit to make the squirrel look like he’s holding it.
After the glue dries, the squirrel is complete!
Here’s one my toddler and I did together. He chose to color his with a marker.